[haiku-appserver] Re: progress and status

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:42:35 +0300

Hi,

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
>>      That may be because a ::Flush() is not yet present in >BWindow's
>>task_looper() after a message is dispatched.
>
> Ahhh, yes, that's what I was looking for.
> So, is there any reason why we aren't doing this ?

        I didn't need it... :-P Sorry.

>>      One thing I don't understand from the current >implementation is why
>>*location is not updated with the coordinates found in up or >moved messages?
>
> Because we care about the current position, not the previous position of the
> mouse.

        Ah... I see. ( I don't think I like this ::GetMouse() method. it just
doesn't play nice :-) )

>>Why is it that we just eat up those messages and take nothing >from them?
>>Also,
>>we should return if we find one of the two messages, not >continue and ask
>>app_server for mouse location.
>
> This is how it was before, but it wasn't correct, because then, those messages
> would still show up in the message queue later, when the function returns.

        Well, that would be the normal way of doing things.
        I'm thinking of apps that wait a B_MOUSE_UP to call ::MouseUp() to
finish some processing, and GetMouse() simply dropping these message does
not contribute to the overall application heath.

        Yes, I definitely don't like this method! It's dangerous!

>>      Another thing that is wrong is that when sending
>> >AS_LAYER_GET_MOUSE_COORDS
>>message to app_server we attach a "reply port". Why?
>
> I have absolutely no idea. I didn't write that code, it was already there.

        While you're at it, please remove that line and update the server code
accordingly.