[guidedogchat] Re: school visits

  • From: "Melanie Akpotu" <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 20:33:03 +0100

This is a sweet and funny story Vince!!  Sadly, this is the world we live in.
It’s very sad that you should feel that way but I don’t blame you as that’s the
kind of culture we live in nowadays.  Well we probably always have done to be
fair, but it’s always making news headlines now.

Mel.

  From: "Louise Johnson"
  To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Hi Pam my name is Louise and I have been in class rooms talking to children
  and it is wonderful and the younger they are the harder questions come out.
  When I do five and six year old kids there questions are ones that sometimes
  have more then one answer and I try to just answer the basic way and
  sometimes I get questions like. Why are you blind and why does god make you
  blind why cann't he give you sight back just some of the questions I get
  everytime I'm in a class room.

  I find that telling the kids that at the end of the time I will take the
  harness off and they can come two at a time to pet and meet the dog really
  keeps them happy. If you want to ask more questions off list please write
  me.

  Herclouise@xxxxxxx
  From Louise and Hawk