[guidedogchat] Re: school visits

  • From: "Fay Marshall" <fmkc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 05:34:50 -0500

Congratulations! This is a wonderful experience for you and the students. when I gave a talk, I always took my dog. The children were messmerized by the dog, and listened intently to me. I told them about my experience at the school for guide dogs, then how the dog works. Demonstrations are a must. they really get excited, especially if you choose someone from the audience to try the dog out. This is, if your dog will tollerate someone else using it. I had a wonderful German shepard that loved kids, so it worked out well.

You will find this a wonderful experience.  Do it, by all means.  Have fun.

fay from Missouri

-----Original Message----- From: pam
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 3:32 AM
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] school visits

i am going to a school on wednesday to give a talk on guide dogs. just wondering if anyone else has experience with this and if so any tips? this is my first visit. thanks. pamSent from my iPhone