[guide.chat] To Angela

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:10:06 -0000

Hi Angela and Monty, oh, that's so funny what your mum said and yes she's right
there for sure about me eating all the chocolates before my mum gets them
hahahaha. She knows me so well already. How cool there's a blind club near you
it would be ideal if you could go but I know what you mean about that one to
one support being so important. Even though I cope very well I still miss the
support of a carer as I often need someone to be my eyes as I can often feel
isolated. I'm really making the best of a bad situation but in some ways I do
wish I still had the support and friendship of one person. I can feel so lonely
at times. I'm ok in the blind clubs but I feel worse in sighted clubs like the
dance as I'm the only blind person. As lovely as everyone is I can still feel
isolated and as if no one understands. I miss out on so much such as what's
going on around me and who is there. My carer Anna used to tell me who was
there and what was going on as well as describe things to me. She was my friend
and companion as well as a carer. Anyway enough of me going on. I hope your
checkup goes well tomorrow I wish you good luck. Glad you will go into town
too. Keep you posted how dance goes. Love Clare