[guide.chat] To Angela

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:47:13 +0100

Good evening angela
ah didn't know that ah your so brave you know
feel so sorry for you now
If you do not mind me asking if i may please
what was the cause of that?
were you born like that?
Angela shall I tell you somthing now this is why we all need this group to get
things off our chest to help one and other
wehn we hear of people like you and our sweet vanessa who is in cronic pain in
her weelchair she can't just stand up and walk about like us she can't just go
out impossible
and now look at you can't eat solid food oh dear  Now I am the opposite eat and
eat and eat
but had test two eyars ago for Thyroid
and it turned out i am under active now this might sound bloody stupid but if
your under active thyroid you eat more but if your over active thyroid you eat
less now that sounds silly

But all i have on my mind is food 24 hours a day some times i am ill through
eating too much end up sick in sink .

I hate eating too much wish i didn't but its all i ever think about silly i
know

Very weird

I know now on here there are lots of us with problems  but sighted people do
not have a clue at all
like this lady says to me hey carol come on you can do it go and get a job love
I just say hey reena hang on a minute love there are no jobs outside for us any
more none for sighted and abled bodies so for god sake woman wake up
i know i was blunt but i don't care because the governments bringing us all out
of work so what chance as us blind ones got
oh it doing my head in listening to them going on and on and on how life is so
simple
they havn't got a clue
Take care

From: angela pageÈ - Email Address: craftymonty@xxxxxxx
Sent On: 11/10/2011 20:58
Sent To: Dolphin guide - Email Address: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] To Carol

Hi carol,
i will try and explian what my feeding tube is,
i cant eat real food as i have problems with my tounge and swallowing.
so last year i had a operation to have a feeding tube fitted it is a tube that
goe,s into my stomach and i use a siringe to put special liquid food through it
does not hurt.
at the end there is a cap that you keep on,untill you have to feed then you
undo that and attach the siringe filled with food to it,also you have to make
sure i have the clamp shut if the cap is open otherwise stuff comes out and its
not nice i did that a lot in the early days yuck.

the peg tube nurse came today and fitted a new end cap on and said i have
looked after the tube really well and she gave me top marks for it,she also
told me they no longer change the whole tube(which would mean going through the
operation again)1 to 2 years they leave it now till it has problems.
she told me she see,s someone else who,s had the same tube for 11 years now.
so im relived at that.
I hope that has explained it abit to you Carol and everyone else here.
ask away if you want i don,t mind one bit.
Angela and monty