[gmpi] Re: Topic 8: Parameters

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:03:32 -0400

>Just one little implementation note:  I certainly hope properties changes,
>like changes to the parameter list, are not announced via host callbacks.
>What about other "listeners" who might be interested, like a GUI?  I hope
>that we use some sort of property listener/notification system like AU
>instead.

in order to cover some of the interesting cases that were discussed
under earlier topics, they will have to be announced to the host
first. there may be no way to directly notify other interested
parties. as yet, there has been no decision that GMPI *will* support
distribution across multiple hosts but if and when it did support
that, AU's scheme will fail unless it was based on RPC, and i don't
want my plugins (hah! all of them! :) to have to run such code or rely
on it. distributing such changes can be centralized in the host, where
it can be done more efficiently and with less impact on plugin
authors.

--p