[gmpi] Re: parameter recall

  • From: "Ben Loftis" <ben@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:13:43 CDT

Jeff said:
>It's darn handy to have a sequencer load up exactly where you left off, with
>all settings restored.
 > It's definately a feature worth aiming for.
> In SynthEdit, Audio is just another 'parameter'. With it's own datatype.
>Both audio pins and parameters are enumerated via the the same interface.

Combining these concepts brings up a feature that I have been requesting for
years:  Wouldn't it be possible to store the entire state of a plugin, ( i/o
buffers, internal buffers, and controls ) so that you can begin playback at
this point with sample accuracy?  It's always a pain to start your song 2
measures earlier than needed so the sustained pads, reverbs and delays can get
buffered and running.  This has always been a problem with MIDI setups that
could be solved in a pure software system.

I brought this up on the XAP list, so now I get to move it into GMPI :)

-Ben