[gmpi] Re: Reqs draft

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:09:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Metadata in DLL, pros:
> - Same object provides meta-data and functionality
> - Meta data can be coughed up algorithmically, ie, one DLL can expose
> multiple plugs

Provided the metadata format is rich enough, one DLL can expose multiple
plugs even if the metadata is external.

<Plugin Vendor = "FooWorks" ObjectName = "FooLimiter">
</Plugin>
<Plugin Vendor = "FooWorks" ObjectName = "FooCompressor">
</Plugin>

(sorry if my *ML grammar is not up to current standards :)

> External metadata, cons:
> - Metadata "file" can get out of sync with the DLL

Not if users are encouraged to treat GMPI plugin folders as single
objects.

> - Footprint of meta data is potentially larger

Not an issue, I think... it won't be more than a few kb in any case.

Regards,
        Angus.