[gmpi] Re: Reqs draft

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:48:10 -0800

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:52:31PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> somethink like the Windows Registry should list all the Plug-in registered
> (With CLSID concept and with the complete pathname of the related DLL).

Disagree totally.  I know you are very windows centric and I am very
non-windows centric.  Reasons below..

> And also with further extra information for display purpose (for the user)
> or also for the host plug-in management :
>
> Misc Info
> -----------
> szName,
> szComapny
> szCopyright
> szVersion

Why keep this info OUTSIDE the plugin?  It's part of the plugin.  The only
thing is does is add an chance to get out of sync..

> And category of the plug-in

NO WAY.  Over categorization is bad bad bad.

--
Notice that as computers are becoming easier and easier to use,
suddenly there's a big market for "Dummies" books.  Cause and effect,