[gmpi] Re: 3.11 topic: Dynamic plugin structure

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:23:45 +1200

> Well, custom UIs already show/hide the parameters.  But the parameter list
> is enormously long and mostly inapplicable.  It is very hard to find the
> parameter when you need to traverse the list. That's the problem.

Not sure i understand.
"show/hide" also applies to host-generated UI's.  If the host presents a
list of parameters to the user, only the relevant ones are shown.

> Yes, a modular synth gets to be a lot of fun. ;)
> ... but the API has to suppot modularity to do this (while still being
> GMPI-native parameters).

modularity?, well, support parameter add / remove. That's the 'guts' of it.

That would make writting a VST GMPI wrapper difficult or impossible. ( but
to be honest, I don't care if GMPI can be wrapped or not, we don't want to
limit ourselves to a sub-set of all existing standards).

Best Regards,
Jeff