[gmpi] Re: 3.11 topic: Dynamic plugin structure

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:34:29 +1200

> > In a Modular synth, the user can add/remove filters (hence parameters).
>
> - song?! what about live-playing/mangling/composing/etc... you could
> be building up/adding modules while playing... re-instantiation isn't
> acceptable in these cases

Well now my mind is struggling to cope.  Does this mean that to record a
performance, a sequencer must not only record parameter changes, but changes
to parameter meta-data?

e.g. Parameter X exists only for the chorus, then is deleted, later on it
re-appears, but with a different data type?

...and the host transport is able to jump to any point in the performance?
When the transport is stopped, what UI does the plugin have?, the one from
the chorus, or the one from the verse?

This is sounding more and more flaky to me.  I'm starting to think that if a
plugin changes it's interface, it's got to be treated like a new plugin.

Jeff