[geocentrism] Re: translational motion of the earth......

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:49:52 -0800 (PST)

Didn't we determine that 23'56" was the proper time to record the annual star
trail and that at 24hours we would not record a star trail? Maybe I've got it
backwards. But... If you hold that globe in your hand and pretend to make it
revolve around the sun (ignore the nightly rotation) you must still rotate the
globe slightly so that you get one revolution per orbit in order to simulate
the position of the globe at the nightly picture taking moment for recording
portions of the annual. This spot is at a different angle each night. Consider
yourself standing on top of Washington monument at night and then 6 months
later at night, you are at opposite sides of the nightly axis and therefore at
a different angle to the annual axis.

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JA..take a look at a globe and read my comments..

j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Dr. Jones & Allen,

  What Paul is saying is the same thing I've been trying to get across. When
attempting to record an annual trail; as the camera moves to the next photo op
it also gets tilted by the rotation on the nightly axis. Not if the exposure is
taken every 24 hours...the camera is in the exact same "tilt" it was the night
before.....................Tilting the camera for the next photo alters where
any particular star will fall on the photo plate. Surley you must see how
altering the camera angle while collecting for a single trail (whether nightly
or annual) would alter the trail? There would be if the HC motions existed but
not if there is only the gc motion. However, in any case it is a moot issue
because there is no tilt every 24 hours it is in the exact same "tilted"
postion....... take your globe and spin it to 24 hours latter ( it is in the
exact same positon)..

  We all agree that the stars distance from the axis of rotation is what makes
the size of the trail. We all agree that any camera angle is fine for recording
the nightly circles - just as long as the angle stays the same for the entire
recording. Said another way, the orientation of the camera to the ground must
remain fixed for recording a nightly trail. Said another way, the angle of the
camera to the axis of rotation must remain the same. It seems we should hold to
the same criteria for the Annual trail, but we don't, because; when the camera
moves to the next spot to record the annual trail, the angle to the axis of
annual rotation has changed because the camera is rotating with the nightly
axis, therefore we are no longer positioned to record the annual trail.

  It is my contention that if we adjusted the angle we would indeed record
annual star trails. My other contention is that we could make up any axis and
record star trails around it with this method. My final contention is that the
lack of an annual trail is not a proof for or against either HC or GC.

  I've heard on this forum many times that the dynamics are equal (between HC &
GC), one could be substituted for the other, so why would you be able to record
different things from each scenario?

  Last, I repeat my logical challenge (altered a little) because I think it
still stands. If the baseline is 0 and either the camera or the star rotates
and the camera is fixed to the earth, the nightly star circles will never
change position. Since the star circles never change position, a different set
of circles will never be formed from any type of composite. Therefore it is
impossible to record an annual cirlce that is different from the nightly, using
the method of nightly recording.

  JA

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Neville J
In control.
  Your description is fine for the camera which records the 'nightly' trails
but not for the camera which records the 'annual' trails -- this is the one
which is fixed directly to the ecliptic disk.
  I know that resorting to analogy is a risky process. Its success depends
considerably upon the intended audience's receptivity, yet it has its uses
where goodwill exists.
  If I, as the editor of a weekly news magazine, were to offer you a commission
to provide me with two definitive photographs of traffic, one from the point of
a pedestrian, and one from the point of view of a motorist, but instead you
provided me with one view of traffic from the point of view of a pededstrian
and one view of traffic from the point of view of another pedestrian -- you
wouldn't get paid.
  I can understand why you won't address this issue but I'm sure you understand
me.
  You can have the last crack.
  Paul D

From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  That's the whole point, Jack. There is no difference. Yet one simulation is
achieved with a snapshot every 4 minutes and the other is achieved with a
snapshot every 24 hours.

There is only one rotation axis, not two.