[geocentrism] Re: Conspiracy and global warming.

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Philip M
I'm not going to respond to each tiny point. Not because I don't have answers,
but rather I'm tired of responding to every time consuming challenge here only
to be dismissed with trite condemnations, accusations of being brainwashed, etc
etc.
Instead, I'll respond to two. First, if you check, you'll find that I was well
aware that the new millennium did not begin til 01_Jan_2001.
Second concerns your population-of-Australia-lives-in-Tasmania proposition.
Some data -- the mass of the Earth is about 5.98 × 10^24 kg. In 1999, the
Earth's population was about 5.978 * 10^9. A representative value for the mass
of one member of the population is about 50 kg -- satisfactory for the sake of
argument. In 1963 the peak rate of population increase was reached -- it was
about 2.2% pa. In 2000 it was estimated to be about about 1.14% pa (about 75
million increase pa), no doubt due to those factors of which you so thoroughly
disapprove.
Given these figures, it would take about 2702 years for the mass of the
population to equal the mass of the Earth. Would you consider this to be over
populated?
Of course you might point out that it is not possible to convert all the mass
of the Earth into people. Well then, how long would you think that -- at the
same rate -- it would take until the population of the Earth each had one tenth
of a square metre to call its own? That's ten people per square metre over
every square metre of the Earth's surface from the poles to the equator, from
the top of every mountain and hill down to sea level and the surface of all the
oceans, lakes and streams. My calculations say about 1204 years. Would you
consider this to be overpopulated?
And yes -- whatever is in the water -- that's what I drink.
Finally, I'll volunteer this. You keep referring to me as though I only care
about Australia. I don't -- I regard myself as a citizen of the world -- a
cosmopolitan, and as such, I care about the planet, not just now but for the
next five billion years or so. I look forward to (but of course will not see) a
world government. If you think about human development, you'll see that there
is a net consolidation effect and that the lot of Man has improved as the
consolidation process has advanced.
Paul D