[geocentrism] Re: Conspiracy and global warming.

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:51:53 -0800 (PST)

Philip M

Your post -- From philip madsen Sun Nov 23 17:37:23 2008 -- really pulled out
all the stops. You just knew there was no way I'd check them all didn't you?

First, references beginning " <http://epw.senate.gov...> brought up  404 errors.

Second,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/10/AR2008111001868.html?sub%3DAR&sub=AR.
 It is journalistic, conversational style musings. Good reading on Sunday
mornings if you buy the papers. In this article at least "... 'Inconvenient
Truth' and "... I have failed ..." does not mean "I was wrong about global
warming". To pretend that it does is dishonest -- typical Headline Journalism.
If you don't believe me -- read it yourself.

Third,
http://www.dailytech.com/Sea+Ice+Growing+at+Fastest+Pace+on+Record/article13385.htm.
 This is a blog containing a reasonable mix of informed and uninformed comment.

I've extracted one of the reasonable comments (emphasis mine) --

RE: Pace vs. Quantity
By hlper on 11/10/08, Rating: 2
By hlper on 11/10/2008 1:45:52 PM , Rating: 2
I agree that polution and global warming are threats. However, this is why Mr.
Asher's posts are so important to a complete diologue.
In both cases you said that polution was the cause. However, the truth is that
although there may be scientific evidence to support these points of view,
neither case can be completly validated. These conclusions are from models, and
it is impossible to demonstrate in an actual system that removal of these
polutants would change anything. We would need another Earth for that.
At any rate, can it be a bad idea to control the rate at which we change the
composition of our atmosphere? I vote no.

Paul D

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline