[geocentrism] Re: Climate change

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:24:15 +0000 (GMT)

Philip M
From philip madsen Sun May 27 01:12:05 2007
but on an aside, I am still waiting upon Paul D to comment on the ethics
exposed as political action by groups allegedly Science backed, against the
broadcasting of the film The Great Global Warming Swindle.. to the point of
having it banned like something worse than porn. Has to be worse, there's is
plenty of the latter on the air. Obviously the science cannot be flawed. But
even if it could, shouldn't the debate be allowed in public.??
And Paul. whats your reaction about the outcry against the new 'disney land",
oops, I mean Creation museum? Really, Oh really, what are they frightened of..?
I debated commenting on these issues and decided (since I was tired and it was
late) to pass. However, since you solicit my input, I'll comment despite it
being late and I'm tired. See how I care? |[:-)
Personally I take the view that these debates should generally not be stifled.
It just gives the proponents ammunition. There are plenty of qualified people
who will competantly refute any bad science and from what little I've seen so
far -- I haven't actually looked mind you -- I think it has many of the marks
of sensationalism and general shonkiness one comes to associate with items like
this. I will watch it when it airs however.
Sadly I can't give references, but I recently heard the comment that ice cores
have shown a steady increase in CO2 from the beginning of the industrial
revolution to the present, while known major volcanic events did not so
register.
Creation Museum? Well some people will be thrilled I'm sure but I am not among
them. But again, in the interest of free expression (except shouting "Fire!" in
a crowded theatre) attempting to silence dissenters serves only to provide the
aforsaid ammunition. Just so long as it doesn't surface in a school science
classroom.
At the end of the day, when there are two opinions about a physical phenomenon
which differ radically, only one may be correct. Later, people will remember
the accurate predictions based on an understanding of the phenomenon, while
those predictions which are proven incorrect (or were not made) will be filed
with Looney Tunes. Some time ago, I found the attached cartoon at the
angryflower.com site. Most of his cartoons leave me flat but this one I thought
made a valid point.

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia?  Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html