[GeoStL] Re: Foo Foo The Snoo....

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:19:10 -0500

-
Some of us know who he is.  We don't know why
he is doing it.
I personally live by the "If you don't log it,
you can't count it as a find" philosophy.  Normally
I don't care if you log a cache just because you
think you saw it.  It doesn't affect me one bit.
Foo Foo, however, is on some kind of misguided
and frivolous venture that doesn't seem to really
have anything to do with what geocaching is about.

Find counts have so much less parity these days
than in the early days of geocaching - when
cache types could be counted on 3 fingers
(traditional, multi, virtual)

Today, 100 finds for one person can represent
someone sitting in front of their computer hunting
locationless caches, while another, who lives in
Alaska, might represents 100 climbs up a mountain,
each taking two days to complete.  Events like
Geowoodstock pretty much make find counts
trivial.