[gameprogrammer] Help with creating height map textures

  • From: "bob johnston" <bobj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:13:04 -0500

Can anyone give me some insight on what this takes. I think it takes
tinkering with a texture over and over to get it right. Such as using
blender or paint shop in 50 steps! I am a programmer and not a texture
artist so it would be great if there is a way that I am capable of doing
this myself. I can create the height map and I have a good detail map and I
can paint the texture but it looks very bad unless it's done right.   Bob
Johnston