[gameprogrammer] Re: Help with creating height map textures

  • From: Ryan Hanlon <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:46:02 -0800

David Olofson wrote:

>On Friday 28 January 2005 01.27, Alan Wolfe wrote:
>

>>It's funny...
>>
>>programmers cant find artists and artists cant find programmers :P
>>
>>I think the problem might be that when a programmer or an artist is
>>

>looking
>

>>for the other one, they already have an idea in mind they want to
>>

>create
>

>>hehe.
>>
>>maybe there's an artists' list somewhere talking about how great it
>>

>would be
>

>>if they could find a decent programmer :P
>>

>Maybe there's a need for a specialized site, just for matching
>designers, artists, musicians, programmers etc, based on interests,
>personalities, preferred game types, world styles etc...?
>
>Something like as on-line dating community, with personality tests and
>whatnot. :-D

There used to be a site in the late 90's called "Happy Puppy" that did
exactly that (www.happypuppy.com).  Graphic and sound artists were
listed in their categories, and programmers and designers were in
theirs.  Everybody was either looking for a project or looking for
people for their own.  It was basically like "Monster" for game
projects, but sometime in the last few years, it has apparently morphed
into a generic video game forum site.  Unfortunately I've never found
another site like that one used to be.  If anyone comes across any, I'd
love to hear about it.

Ryan