[gameprogrammer] Re: Help with creating height map textures

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:42:04 -0600

There *is* a page on the gameprogrammer.com wiki for artists to list
themselves and a page for programmers to do the same. But, no one has
listed themselves on either page.

http://gameprogrammer.com/gpwiki/Game_20Artists_202D_2f3D

http://gameprogrammer.com/gpwiki/Game_20Programmers

Oh well...

I don't know any artists who are willing to for free or for a
percentage. But, if I were looking for some I would look in two kinds of
places. First off, look on the game modding sites. There is some really
good art posted on some of them and the artists are doing it for their
own satisfactions (and maybe the hope of getting a job in the game
programming industry). Secondly, look for people who have posted art to
the creative commons sites. Those are people who are willing to at least
give away some of their rights and may be open to a collaboration with a
free lance game developer.

                Bob Pendleton