[gameprogrammer] Re: Fast development over multiple platforms, which language?

  • From: Szasz Pal <space@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:16:12 +0200

> the problem
> is the lack of cross platform libraries like java, which are ( i think
> ), it's greatest strength.
I think it;s quite the opposite. C/C++ has too many cross platofrm
libraries, so few people use these, otheres those, etc.
On the other hand Sun decides what to put in the standard java, so there
is only one library, so everybody ahs to use that one.

I still prefer to have a choice in cross platform libraries. Because,
for example if I need a GUI for an application, for complex app I would
use QT, for simple app FLTK, for games maybe paragui+sdl. While with
java you have to stick with awt/swing.

--
Best regards,
Szasz Pal