Re: Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: Alexander Orlov <alxorlov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:21:11 +0400

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:09:16 +1000
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And now I see them:
>  - if you don't have permission to read a directory, it should show without
> any descendants, instead of being omitted altogether (now fixed)
>  - bad additions to the treeview widget, when scanning down a level (now
> fixed, I think)
>  - some small bads in the text messages printed when a directory can't be
> opened (now fixed, but also, see below about warnings)
Yes, now that problems are solved.
But one still exists: Hidden dirs are not shown. I go into some dir, that
contains hidden dirs. Emelfm2 puts all hidden dirs in the first non-hidden dir
in current subtree. http://alxorlov.pochta.ru/emelfm2/screen6.png illustrates
this. In addition emel multiplyes that hidden directories. In the screenshot:
.cache have 4 subdirs, so there is 4 clones of .cache; .config has 7 subdirs;
.dbus has 1 subdir, and so on.
When hidden directories are toggled to be shown, everytnig is all right.

> As to the error-beeps, I think that in these "tree" views, there does not
> need to be a warning message about dirs not opened, because "problem" dirs
> show in red text (or whatever color is set is for error messages). I've
> removed the warnings.
Yeah, this is what I was talking about. Thank you.

Now I have found another couple of bugs.
plugin:unpack action is not working now.
When I try to unpack package with it, emel2 takes me into
/tmp/1000-emelfm2-unpack.tmp dir, but the dir remains empty. No error or
warning messages are printed. Just nothing happens.

Trying to print file hangs emel2.
I have no printers. CUPS server is installed, but not running now.
So, when I view file, and try to print it, view-dialog just turns blank, and
hangs forever.
When I start CUPS server then printing goes OK.
Another one problem. I am using evince for view pdf's, but it has no --preview
option. So when I try to preview document it just print error message and shows
nothing.

Many thanks for fast responses. I hope, I don't bother you with my requests. :)

--
Alexander Orlov