Re: Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: Alexander Orlov <alxorlov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:01:45 +0400

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:58:26 +1000
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1) When I try to unload any sub-plugin from _Copy plugin, for example "Copy
> > with _times" emelfm2 segfaults. It happens in src/e2_plugins.c:264 in
> > function g_module_symbol(), because of p->module = NULL. I have added two
> > strings before this function, to check p->module:
> >
> > if (!p->module)
> >     return FALSE;
> >
> > and the problem gone.
> The ACL plugin now has 2 actions, so I too was looking at the
> multi-action-plugin code again, just now.
Sorry, I have no ACL support now, and I can not test it.

> Some small bugs, including the one you mentioned, fixed already and in svn.
> BUT deleting "child" lines in a config dialog, for plugins like cpbar, is
> still not bulletproof. Fixing this turns out to be quite hard, I'm still
> looking into it. Really, the whole plugin (parent line in the dialog) should
> be deleted, or the child should just be flagged as off-menu instead of
> deleted.
I think, that hiding plugin from menu is quite enough.
The problem is now solved.
You have been joined two checks (!p->module and g_module_symbol(...)) in one
'if'. But are you sure, that compiler will not place g_module_symbol(...)
before !p->module? If so, the programm still will segfault in this place.

> > 2) I have trouble with Find plugin. It allways serchs in / directory,
> > doesn't matter which directory I choose (active or other). When I choose to
> > search "anywhere" it does not search at all.
> > When I choose to search in "this directory" and write path (for example
> > /tmp), it lanches find with this parms:
> >
> > find -H / -maxdepth 1 -regex /tmp/?test
> I can't get mine to do that. IIRC a long-ago chat with Liviu on the same
> matter, there might be a problem with the cached flags for the find plugin,
> as the ABI was changed a bit. In your cache file there'll be a line like
>
>   find-plugin-flags=0,1,0,0 <and lots more 1's and 0's>
>
> Does it help to delete that line and then try the plugin again ?
Yes, it helps. Now it works perfectly.
By the way, older versions of findutils has no flags -HLP, and Find plugin did
not worked for me, untill I updated findutils (previously I had
findutils-4.1.7).

> > 4) Tree view has many bugs.
> > First of all it beeps and prints message "Cannot open directory //root -
> > Permission denied", every time it founds directory that it can not open.
> > This is very annoying.
> Well, it depends on what is going on at the time. If you were in the midst of
> a recursive operation, you'd probably want to know that a directory can't be
> opened, and beeping happens for virtually all errors. So we need to identify
> cases where failure to open is not really an error. Any suggestions?
>
> That aside, is that string:
>
>   "Cannot open directory //root - Permission denied"
>
> EXACTLY what was printed ? What was the actual path of the dir that failed to
> open ?
When I move emel to / directory, and press Shift-F9, it opens tree-view, and
prints just the message that I posted. Exactly with double '//'. In the
tree-window everything is correct, except that there is no node "root".

> > When I opens some node of the tree, it duplicates that node.
> > The majority of nodes, that has other nodes, are shown as empty.
> > Sometimes it mixes nodes and wrongly puts one directory into another.
> Is this when just opening a directory for display in a filepane ? Or are we
> talking about some operation on directory contents ?
No, I am just browsing through the directory tree.

> I need some more specific description, to help figure out exactly what is
> going on. Can you please post an example or two, showing exactly what was
> intended, the paths of the dirs involved, and exactly what happend ?

I have been made some screenshots, to show you what is going on. They are
located on http://alxorlov.pochta.ru/emelfm2
First I open tree-view, and everytnig is OK, except that there is no "root"
directory (screen1). Then I expand /var (screen2), and it shows, that no
directory there contains child nodes, which is wrong. And there appears another
/var.
I expand the second /var (screen3), and everytnihg is all right there.
I go in /tmp (screen4). As with /var, /tmp directory duplicates. I expand
/tmp/emelfm2 directory and there is /tmp/emelfm2/.wine-1000. But .wine-1000 is
not in /tmp/emelfm2! It is in /tmp. /tmp/.wine-1000.
I expand second /tmp (screen5), and everything is OK there, except that there
is no directories wich are inaccessible for me.

Sorry, for my poor english, and for misunderstood, if any.

--
Alexander Orlov