Re: Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:58:26 +1000

I'm very glad to get reports about this code, thanks Alexander.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:30:25 +0400
Alexander Orlov <alxorlov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:25:10 +1000
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > As before:
> >
> > For those of you who are able to do some testing, grab
> > www.eslrahc.com/emelfm2/emelfm2-0.3.4-070706.tar.bz2
> >
> > HAPPY TESTING
>
> This is a perfect job! As I can see all regressions from previous version are
> gone.
>
> But still I have found some troubles:
>
> 1) When I try to unload any sub-plugin from _Copy plugin, for example "Copy
> with _times" emelfm2 segfaults. It happens in src/e2_plugins.c:264 in
> function g_module_symbol(), because of p->module = NULL. I have added two
> strings before this function, to check p->module:
>
> if (!p->module)
>       return FALSE;
>
> and the problem gone.
The ACL plugin now has 2 actions, so I too was looking at the
multi-action-plugin code again, just now.

Some small bugs, including the one you mentioned, fixed already and in svn. BUT
deleting "child" lines in a config dialog, for plugins like cpbar, is still not
bulletproof. Fixing this turns out to be quite hard, I'm still looking into it.
Really, the whole plugin (parent line in the dialog) should be deleted, or the
child should just be flagged as off-menu instead of deleted.

> 2) I have trouble with Find plugin. It allways serchs in / directory, doesn't
> matter which directory I choose (active or other). When I choose to search
> "anywhere" it does not search at all.
> When I choose to search in "this directory" and write path (for example
> /tmp), it lanches find with this parms:
>
> find -H / -maxdepth 1 -regex /tmp/?test
I can't get mine to do that. IIRC a long-ago chat with Liviu on the same
matter, there might be a problem with the cached flags for the find plugin, as
the ABI was changed a bit. In your cache file there'll be a line like

  find-plugin-flags=0,1,0,0 <and lots more 1's and 0's>

Does it help to delete that line and then try the plugin again ?

> 3) Emelfm2 can not enter directory wich ends with dollar sign $. In my local
> network windows users usually names SMB shares with $ sign on the end, to
> hide this share. And I can not browse that directories.
Now fixed in svn.

> 4) Tree view has many bugs.
> First of all it beeps and prints message "Cannot open directory //root -
> Permission denied", every time it founds directory that it can not open. This
> is very annoying.
Well, it depends on what is going on at the time. If you were in the midst of a
recursive operation, you'd probably want to know that a directory can't be
opened, and beeping happens for virtually all errors. So we need to identify
cases where failure to open is not really an error. Any suggestions?

That aside, is that string:

  "Cannot open directory //root - Permission denied"

EXACTLY what was printed ? What was the actual path of the dir that failed to
open ?

> When I opens some node of the tree, it duplicates that node.
> The majority of nodes, that has other nodes, are shown as empty.
> Sometimes it mixes nodes and wrongly puts one directory into another.
Is this when just opening a directory for display in a filepane ? Or are we
talking about some operation on directory contents ?

I need some more specific description, to help figure out exactly what is going
on. Can you please post an example or two, showing exactly what was intended,
the paths of the dirs involved, and exactly what happend ?