Re: Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:04:07 +1000

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:15:58 +0300
"Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 4) Tree view has many bugs.
> [..]
>
> > Sometimes it mixes nodes and wrongly puts one directory into another.
> This seems to be a behaviour I noticed some time ago, but could not
> re-create it. Didn't have it for quite some time, so thought it was
> fixed. From what I remember, at certain moments  emel gets into a
> "mode" where trying to open a directory in the active pane makes it
> open in the passive pane. I remember that restarting emel was not of
> much help.
>
> Cannot give much more information at the moment.

Recently I started using a SMP system, and started getting occasional crashes
at start of e2 session, which seem to be related to the 2 cd-threads getting
out of sync. Though the effects are quite different, the cause of yours and
Alexander's observed behaviour might be something like that.

I've recently tweaked a parameter or two (in svn code now) which seems to have
helped the crashes, maybe that will make a difference to the rest of you too.