Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:25:10 +1000

As before:

For those of you who are able to do some testing, grab
www.eslrahc.com/emelfm2/emelfm2-0.3.4-070706.tar.bz2

As noted in a previous message, the main thing to watch out for in this version
is the recursive file operations (copy, delete, rename, chmod etc etc). Changes
have been made to increase their reliability in the event of a problem, so you
should see no change in most cases, and sometimes, better behaviour. In
anything this extensive, there may be some regressions too.

The archive is essentially a rollup of my local codebase, so it has a few
things that aren't in svn. That's no issue for you as a user, though.

There's code for an encrypt/decrypt plugin. See the file USAGE for a few tips
on using the plugin. I've given it a reasonably-extensive workout, but IMO it
should still be treated with some caution! The plugin allows (and defaults to)
retaining the original file after encrypting, and I recommend that for now at
least, you do that.

PLEASE NOTE about the crypt plugin: I'm still thinking about changing the API,
in particular to allow use of external compression libraries instead of the
embedded mini-LZO code. If that change is made, any file encrypted with this
plugin would need to be decrypted with this same version.

There's code for a ACL-manager plugin, .... That plugin is an optional build,
anyhow. See Makefile.config for the relevant 'make' parameter, if you want to
play with this plugin.

UPDATE ON ACL PLUGIN
After some testing and fixing, a more friendly version of the ACL-manager (and
it actually works now) is now at
 http://svn.emelfm2.net/offcuts/e2p_acl.c
and while there, grab ACL-USAGE.txt. The UI is still clunky, need to find a way
to reasonably support all that flexibility ...

HAPPY TESTING