Re: Pre-release for testing - UPDATE

  • From: Alexander Orlov <alxorlov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:30:25 +0400

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:25:10 +1000
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As before:
>
> For those of you who are able to do some testing, grab
> www.eslrahc.com/emelfm2/emelfm2-0.3.4-070706.tar.bz2
>
> HAPPY TESTING

This is a perfect job! As I can see all regressions from previous version are
gone.

But still I have found some troubles:

1) When I try to unload any sub-plugin from _Copy plugin, for example "Copy
with _times" emelfm2 segfaults. It happens in src/e2_plugins.c:264 in function
g_module_symbol(), because of p->module = NULL. I have added two strings before
this function, to check p->module:

if (!p->module)
        return FALSE;

and the problem gone.

2) I have trouble with Find plugin. It allways serchs in / directory, doesn't
matter which directory I choose (active or other). When I choose to search
"anywhere" it does not search at all.
When I choose to search in "this directory" and write path (for example /tmp),
it lanches find with this parms:

find -H / -maxdepth 1 -regex /tmp/?test

3) Emelfm2 can not enter directory wich ends with dollar sign $. In my local
network windows users usually names SMB shares with $ sign on the end, to hide
this share. And I can not browse that directories.

4) Tree view has many bugs.
First of all it beeps and prints message "Cannot open directory //root -
Permission denied", every time it founds directory that it can not open. This
is very annoying.
When I opens some node of the tree, it duplicates that node.
The majority of nodes, that has other nodes, are shown as empty.
Sometimes it mixes nodes and wrongly puts one directory into another.

I have not much time now, and I can't look into code to fix this problems. I
can gime more verbose descriptions, if you need. Tomorrow I will try to fix
that problems myself and I will update russian translation.

Thank you for good job!

--
Alexander Orlov