[elky] Re: That "w" word

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 21:04:46 -0400

You shouldn't have to take material off the pads... have you opened
the bleeder to let the pressure off?  Also there is a tool, looks like
an odd-shaped cube, that is designed to screw the piston back in the
caliper.  Edit, found it (see 2nd item):

http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/toolcatalog.jsp?cattype=T&cat=2201

That may be what you need, I ran into the same problem on the '95
Gutless.  I didn't buy the tool but I ended up figuring a way to screw
the piston in... can't recall how though...  Take a look at the piston
and see if it has indentions for a tool.

Chris