[elky] Re: That "w" word

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:00:17 -0400

I think some newer calipers have threads such that the only way the
piston will go back in is to screw it back in with the tool.  I think
you can tell if it is screw-in if it has indentions on the piston for
a tool.

My guess is the threads are an attempt to keep the pad snug as it
wears to reduce the chance of chatter.