[elky] Re: That w word

  • From: "ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:19:53 -0400

      Who knows. I remember in 89 after moving here from Hawaii... The mail
wasn't being forwarded properly as in we didn't get it. Went down to the
main PO and asked why. The guy went in the back and pulled out a big box of
our mail. He said they didn't deliver it because it was from out of the
country and we would have to pay a postage fee for all of it.
       The Post office clerks had no Idea that Hawaii was a state and they
had to make two calls to find out....

           Robert Adams

Hmmm ......... I wonder if that was her problem too. She  changed the Zip,
but I wasn't sure if I might have copied it wrong. I never  checked, it
wasn't that important at the time, as long as it was on it's way.
I hope it works OK, let me know after the install.
-Staten Island Frank-

In a message dated 10/7/2009 12:05:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I'm glad it made it there. When I got to the PO the window  clerk was a
>person I worked with and she was new to this job,  so................. She
>could have cut me a break because she knew me,  or more likely she didn't
>calculate it right. She got flustered  because the zip code was coming up
>wrong. I also thought it was a  cheep rate, but I wasn't gona question it.
>
>-Staten Island  Frank-

I bought something from a guy in NJ once and had zip code
issues. He told  me the one to use and to not let the post office change it
when you mail  it. Well I took it in and told the clerk and she kept
insisting to change  the zip code to what was in their computer....   Well
after  three weeks it finally got there. They finally figured  out on the
delivery end that the zip code in the USPS system was  wrong.

Robert Adams

Rules: Please play nicely with  others.

-List members page (text & pic  links):
http://www.myelcamino.net/eclist.htm