[elky] Re: Sprint's generator nos 1, 2

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:34:54 -0700

Go with an Edelbrock Performer or Performer RPM (if you have a bit of a cam in it...the Performer is just a little better than stock) and an Edelbrock 1406 carb. Set it and forget it. You'll thank yourself endlessly as you drive with consistent performance and reliability.

Read this page.  I've never found anything to change my mind.
http://www.chevyasylum.com/Previous%20Projects/80elky/80elky11.html

On 11/17/2010 7:25 AM, Saul Marsh wrote:
The catalog has many '73-'77 parts with a note saying "May be out of stock...call for availablity." It gives me the impression that he had a limited number of parts made, but does not plan on continuing to carry them in the future. Mary, the limerick is mine....I like joking about my car as much as I like working on it. As far as the manifold and carb go, I still toss around the idea of getting an aftermarket carb and manifold. My car is so far away from original, with cut wires and tubes spliced and emission control parts missing...I just don't think I'd be able to hook up a correct Quadrajet up to it anymore. But if I do, I will definitely try to have my ducks in a row before I remove any bolts.