[elky] Re: Sprint's generator nos 1, 2

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:25:42 -0800

These Big Babies are just not popular. I figure in time, as the smaller ones become scarcer, the market will increase for any Elky. Meanwhile parts is hard to get. I have extra tail light lenses I spotted, just in case. Good news is when you do find parts they are usually cheap.

Would it be practical to start building another engine in the garage? '73 was a bad year for emissions - the new laws went into effect and manufacturers were scrambling to meet them. The end result was a '73 Mustang kluged together and barely running. (when is the last time you saw one, and they sold a lot because they were the last of the big ones). We're still trying to figure out what the toilet ball is in Sprint's engine. It looks like the entire engine should flush. (What were you thinking?!?!?!)

have luck, it sounds like you need to be thinking about starting all over again. On the plus side, think of all you are learning.

Mary

The catalog has many '73-'77 parts with a note saying "May be out of stock...call for availablity." It gives me the impression that he had a limited number of parts made, but does not plan on continuing to carry them in the future. Mary, the limerick is mine....I like joking about my car as much as I like working on it. As far as the manifold and carb go, I still toss around the idea of getting an aftermarket carb and manifold. My car is so far away from original, with cut wires and tubes spliced and emission control parts missing...I just don't think I'd be able to hook up a correct Quadrajet up to it anymore. But if I do, I will definitely try to have my ducks in a row before I remove any bolts.