[duxuser] Help please!

  • From: "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:22:30 -0400

I have this strange problem and sure hope somebody out there can help me.

Occasionally I send documents from work to home in order to work on them in
peace. <g<  I've been doing this for a long time, now, and _know _how to
send documents.  I sent two documents with dxp or dxb extensions and then
didn't work on them for a while.  When I went back to work on them, the
extension was txt, not dxp or dxb.  When I opened the file, I got a real
mess.  I sent it to Tech Support but Don isn't in this week.  A very special
man tried to open the file for me but said the only way I could probably get
anything from the file was to go into Word Pad or something and take out all
the codes and so forth.  Thing is the document was originally right so what
would have made the change?

In addition, a transcriber mailed a document to me yestrday that looks
strange ... and it had the name born to win altf.dxp ?????  I thought maybe
the alt f3 in the name was the problem so renamed the file, keeping the
extension.

I just have a feeling this has something to do with matters beyond my
control and wonder if anyone has any idea what's happening here.
Everybody's antivirus programs are up to date and all that.

Thanks for any help,

Deb B.