[ddots-l] Re: Windows 10 and Sonar producer 8.5 with CakeTalk 8.8

  • From: Phil Muir <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:12:55 +0000

Yes the HSC sets for Superior Drummer 2 are Sonar based. Having said that, it
would be really simple to recode them to work in Reaper. Haven't had any
requests for that yet though.

On 26 October 2015 14:47:47 GMT+00:00, Florian Beijers
<florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tend to mainly still use Sonar due to the scripts our dear Steve has
made :) As well as other HSC sets and scripts that depend on Sonar to
work. No matter how you turn the wheel, it's still true that currently
if you want to use virtual instruments like the orange tree samples
stuff you're pretty much stuck with Sonar. I'm guessing the stuff Phil
did for Superior is also Sonar-based. Kontakt is also best supported
in SOnar, although some autoHotkey scripts exist that work with I
believe the standalone version as well. I'd love to use Reaper full
time, but I'd lose too many of my preferred tools. As for what theme
to use in win10, I guess either the standard or high-contrast theme
would be best. My preference would go for standard because thats what
comes by default, but I have no idea how suitable that theme is for
color detection.

Florian

perhaps a crowd-funding campaign? People were able to more than fund
development of NVDA Remote recently, raising some ten grand or so.

At 12:24 AM 10/26/2015, you wrote:

Don't think anyone can summarize that better than what you just did.
Thanks for that.

I should clarify my statement about it being a total Microsoft
issue. What
I mean is that since the OS has to change to accommodate things like
tablets and the like, it seems that there's this constant burden
that
third-party developers have to scramble to make their products work
under
the new OS; which is fine, as long as there's some sort of mechanism
in
place that can help them do just that. Not everybody has the massive
resources that Microsoft and Apple have to do it; consequently
they're
constantly behind in having to catch up with the latest and
greatest. It
takes a lot of money and resources paying programmers decent wages,
etc.

I don't know what a fair and viable solution is; and though I
understand
the need to keep up with the technology, I agree with you that right
now
we have a system in place that works quite well, and it's pretty
darn
stable.

Mike