[ddots-l] Re: Windows 10 and Sonar producer 8.5 with CakeTalk 8.8

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:24:20 -0400

Don't think anyone can summarize that better than what you just did. Thanks for
that.

I should clarify my statement about it being a total Microsoft issue. What I
mean is that since the OS has to change to accommodate things like tablets and
the like, it seems that there's this constant burden that third-party
developers have to scramble to make their products work under the new OS; which
is fine, as long as there's some sort of mechanism in place that can help them
do just that. Not everybody has the massive resources that Microsoft and Apple
have to do it; consequently they're constantly behind in having to catch up
with the latest and greatest. It takes a lot of money and resources paying
programmers decent wages, etc.

I don't know what a fair and viable solution is; and though I understand the
need to keep up with the technology, I agree with you that right now we have a
system in place that works quite well, and it's pretty darn stable.

Mike