[ddots-l] Re: Windows 10 and Sonar producer 8.5 with CakeTalk 8.8

  • From: Raywonder <raywonder@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 22:01:08 -0500

The only one that is to my knowledge doing things really quickly and
successfully getting things to work is NVDA. The new Microsoft edge browser is
even having basic support for NVDA accessibility already.

Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone...
Ways that I can be contacted...
Twitter
http://twitter.com/raywonder
@raywonder
website
http://www.rweent.com
personal email
raywonder@xxxxxxxxxx
for support questions
support@xxxxxxxxxx
For any website problems or erros that need resolving:
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx
You can even send a message on Twitter.
phone
2813015784
I'd personally want you to contact me via my site, if you have an account,
witch you can create at
http://rweent.com
If you are someone who has hurd of my music and work, and would like to support
what I do, it would be great if you could send any donation of any amount of
your choosing to me via my website at
http://www.rweent.com/pg/donate

On Oct 25, 2015, at 8:34 PM, Mike Tyo <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I hate to say this, but I don't think Microsoft gives a rip about the music
end of it. As long as you can do things like word processing and related
applications, everything else is way down the list of priorities. Even their
latest and greatest Web browser has to have some additional coding done to it
before it'll be accessible to a screen reader; hence you have to make
Internet Explorer the default browser when you install Windows 10 - or use
your favorite accessible browser, provided it'll run under Windows 10.

Like I've said in many posts here and elsewhere, I'm not against progress as
long as it's within reason. When you have a slue of changes that come down
all at once, it's a rat race at best trying to catch up to it. I don't envy
specialized third-party developers who are faced with coming up with
reasonable stuff that works.

I should also point out that it's not only Microsoft driving this whole
thing. The gaming industry is a huge factor in pushing the envelope to the
point where the OS will eventually have to be completely redesigned. That's
the nature of the beast, but how do you balance that with the need to provide
a reasonable mechanism for specialized software and hardware developers to
keep up? I've got a few ideas, but it's going to sway this thread way off
topic; and it's going to get political, which isn't appropriate for this list.

Mike