[ddots-l] Re: Windows 10 and Sonar producer 8.5 with CakeTalk 8.8

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 07:56:09 +0100

Sonar 8.5.3 runs well under Windows 10. Cake Talking will run however, there
will be issues with colour detection as there is no classic theme in Windows
10.

I also want to thank David Pinto for developing Cake Talking and in
particular Bill and others like George for actively encouraging Cake Talking
development. It's still one of the very best available accessible solutions
for using multitrack audio and MIDI software on the planet.

Further more other options such as Pro Tools are great for editing audio but
do not offer anything close for editing both MIDI and audio from the same
package.

Finally, in spite of what was posted here the other day, Voiceover does not
have a feature that is anything close to HotSpotClicker. You can not create
fake tab orders and use other features such as colour detection to tell
whether a button is enabled. It does have a very basic feature where by you
can add up to 10 hotspots on screen. This would be similar to the CT suite
spot feature which is useful but wouldn't allow us to create an accessible
solution for a complex plug-in such as Superior Drummer 2 which has multiple
Windows. For example, to reliably click on a pad to access a kick snare etc
in Superior Drummer 2, we first have to click on a Window with the mouse
where the drums reside. We then click on a view which makes all of the
drums appear on screen in the same place. Finally we locate the pad in
question and place the mouse on it so that the end user can left click on
the pad to open it and change the drum. This has to be done for all 32 pads
in the standard Superior Drummer 2 HSC set and 41 pads in the Electronic
set.

Similar trickery has to be employed for authorising the product and
accessing the mixer and misc rings which gives us the ability to use drums
from different libraries in a single drum set.

Finally I believe that there is a package called Quick Keys which is similar
to Auto Hot Keys. Quickkeys could be used on the Mac to create an accessible
solution for complex plug-ins such as Superior Drummer 2 but haven't learned
how to use it yet.

Regards, Phil Muir

Accessibility Training
Telephone: UK+44-1747-228-459