[ddots-l] Re: AW: Windows 10 and Sonar producer 8.5 with CakeTalk 8.8

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 01:19:41 -0400

Hi Judy,

Thanks for sharing. That's what I've been operating under all along. I know
there are people who are upset that we're not able to keep up with the latest
and greatest updates, etc. The one thing to remember in all of this is that
what we have now is light-years ahead of what we had not so long ago, and that
was little to nothing. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be progress made to
keep up with the technology. Having worked with people who have dealt with the
various aspects of research and development, it's challenging for third-party
developers with a lot less resources than - say Microsoft to make the
investments and project a return that doesn't break the bank. My position has
been and continues to be that Dancing Dots has done a remarkable job with what
resources it has to work with. Believe me, I'm not being paid to say this. I
continue to marvel at what I'm able to do with Sonar and CakeTalking as it is.

Having said that, I welcome further development that is done either in
Windows-based or Mac-based systems that could help us in the future. After all,
it fosters healthy competition. My hat's off to Bill and the team for doing the
job they do, along with the other third-party developers who have worked on hot
spots and the like for some of the plug-ins. These are rather trying times in
the computer world right now, and I wish everyone in this business all the best
as it's going to be challenging to say the very least.

Mike