[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:03:08 +0200

In message <4485F93A.90606@xxxxxxxx>
          Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave Symes wrote:
>
>> I would assume, because the Iyonix version of RISC OS is a retro OS, it
>> doesn't contain the additional graphic convert modules (ConvertPNG 0.37)
>> that the RO Select/Adjust versions have, that enable CFSI to convert more
>> graphic filetypes.
>>
>> ConvertPNG, BMP, etc.
>
> Thanks, that's useful to know. I had wondered what was meant by "PNG
> support", tho' I assumed it was something more than CFSI and TransFSI.

It is. Select comes with a module to do PNG conversion and it comes
with an upgraded version of ChangeFSI that uses this module. So, PNG
support in the Select version of ChangeFSI (and hence in TransFSI) is
just the tip of the iceberg. PNG support in the OS makes it easier for
programs to load/create PNGs. Though it is a nice things to have it is
by no means essential to have that functionality in the OS.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx