[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:12:15 +0100

In article <4482D7C9.4060508@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Symes wrote:
> > In article <4482C781.30705@xxxxxxxx>,
> >    Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> Thanks, but I've already done that ... I still get "Shared C library
> >> is out of date". One thing I do notice is that Castle's website says
> >> the version of CLib in its System update is 5.53. However, the
> >> ReadMe file with the update says its CLib 5.47. Is the ReadMe file
> >> out of date, or has an older version of CLib been provided
> >>
> It may be a way round the problem to put a copy of the new CLIb into
> !Boot.Choices.Default.Boot.PreDesk

Interesting thought, but I would have thought safer to leave it in place
and explicitly load it from the !System !Run file.

I'd be interested to hear some additional comments from some of the other
knowledgeable RO folks, like Druck, Andrew Hill and others, though I
believe Druck isn't talking to me at ATM...

Cheers
Dave S