[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:16:31 +0100

In article <b0bea6314e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4 Jun, Clive Bonsall wrote in message
>   <4482A667.6030200@xxxxxxxx>:

> > I made the above modification on both my Iyonix and VRPC-Adjust.
> >
> > In VRPC if I drop a PNG file into an OP2.77 frame I get the error
> > message: "Shared C library is out of date". If I then open
> > !Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules and double-left-click the CLib
> > module ... and then drop a PNG file into an OP frame, it loads!
> >
> > Can someone explain that to me???

> Yes: either there's a fault in your boot sequence, or you didn't follow
> the installation instructions for the 32-bit Shared C Library correctly,
> so it isn't getting initialised when the machine starts.  Leaving it in
> this state isn't a good idea, because loading new copies of the CLib
> module while the machine is in use is risky (if you do it twice, you can
> easily lock the machine completely).

> The easiest way to sort it out is to get a copy of the 32-bit SCL from
> http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/system.shtml and re-run the install (you
> need to run the SysMerge file, and *not* just merge the !System
> directory using the tools in Configure).  If that doesn't sort things,
> there's a fault in your !Boot sequence.

That's what we would assume Steve, but even after doing it as required,
the 5.53 CLib just wasn't being loaded and the older ROM version remained
active.

Actually the same thing happened with her machine yesterday, after I'd
upgraded the OS and was sure it was working okay, I updated her modules
from the link you quote... Same problem, CLib 5.53 was not being loaded
from  ...ADFS::HD4.$.!Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules, and I had to
apply the same fix to her !Systen !Run file as I'd used on mine.
Now TransFSI problems aside, everything works okay.

Dave S