[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:06:46 +0100

In article <4482A667.6030200@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Symes wrote:

[Snip]

> With the modification detailed below, this is also what I find on my
> Iyonix 512Mb ... but read on.

> [snip]

[Snip]

> > Yup! as per the instructions.
> > The setup file in TransFSI is:
> > *******************
> > | Sets up types and server variables for TransFSI
> > Set TransFSI$Dir <Obey$Dir>
> > Set TransFSI$Path <TransFSI$Dir>.
> >
> > Set File$Type_695 GIF
> > Set File$Type_69C BMP
> > Set File$Type_C85 JPEG
> > Set File$Type_FF0 TIFF
> > Set File$Type_B60 PNG
> > Set FFGServer$TransFSI -T
> > &695 &FF9 -T &69C &FF9 -T &C85 &FF9 -T &B60 &FF9 -R TransFSI$Dir
> >
> > *******************
> >
> > Both machines have TransTIFF+
> > Both machines have the CCShared TransTIFF commented out.
> > Cheers
> > Dave S

> I made the above modification on both my Iyonix and VRPC-Adjust.

> In VRPC if I drop a PNG file into an OP2.77 frame I get the error
> message: "Shared C library is out of date". If I then open
> !Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules and double-left-click the CLib
> module ... and then drop a PNG file into an OP frame, it loads!

> Can someone explain that to me???

Clive, That's probably because, even though you have the later version of
Clib in ....310 Modules, the one in ROM is still active.

I don't have this problem and Clib 5.53 is active on this machine (and
hers) overiding the ROM CLib.

I can't remember who posted the fix I use, Druck I think...

In ...!Boot.Resources.!System.!Run add the line:

If Boot$OSVersion >= 310 Then RMEnsure SharedCLibrary 5.17 RMLoad
System:Modules.CLib

That's all one line with a single space between RMload and System

Cheers
Dave S

PS: I also have a cople of other lines as well that force later versions
of both FPEmulator and CallASWI.

D.