[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:44:01 +0100

Steve Fryatt wrote:

On 4 Jun, Clive Bonsall wrote in message
  <4482A667.6030200@xxxxxxxx>:

I made the above modification on both my Iyonix and VRPC-Adjust.

In VRPC if I drop a PNG file into an OP2.77 frame I get the error message: "Shared C library is out of date". If I then open !Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules and double-left-click the CLib module ... and then drop a PNG file into an OP frame, it loads!

Can someone explain that to me???

Yes: either there's a fault in your boot sequence, or you didn't follow the installation instructions for the 32-bit Shared C Library correctly, so it isn't getting initialised when the machine starts.

The easiest way to sort it out is to get a copy of the 32-bit SCL from
http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/system.shtml and re-run the install (you need
to run the SysMerge file, and *not* just merge the !System directory using
the tools in Configure).  If that doesn't sort things, there's a fault in
your !Boot sequence.

Thanks, but I've already done that ... I still get "Shared C library is out of date". One thing I do notice is that
Castle's website says the version of CLib in its System update is 5.53. However, the ReadMe file with the update says its CLib 5.47. Is the ReadMe file out of date, or has an older version of CLib been provided?

The other unanswered question is ... why will PNG files load into OP2.77 under VRPC but not on the Iyonix?
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@ed/ac.uk