[softwarelist] Re: Transloaders

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 10:22:47 +0100

Dave Symes wrote:

In article <91704f314e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In message <4e314bdcbadfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They all do the business with the exception of TransFSI.

Well it'll load Jpegs and Tiff files into an OvPro frame, but will not
do the business with a PNG... reporting "File could not be converted."

With the modification detailed below, this is also what I find on my Iyonix 512Mb ... but read on.

[snip]

Have you modified TransFSI to deal with PNGs? If not, then something
else is dealing with them on your machine. >> Martin

Yup! as per the instructions. The setup file in TransFSI is: ******************* | Sets up types and server variables for TransFSI Set TransFSI$Dir <Obey$Dir> Set TransFSI$Path <TransFSI$Dir>.

Set File$Type_695 GIF
Set File$Type_69C BMP
Set File$Type_C85 JPEG
Set File$Type_FF0 TIFF
Set File$Type_B60 PNG
Set FFGServer$TransFSI -T &695 &FF9 -T &69C &FF9 -T &C85 &FF9 -T &B60 &FF9
-R TransFSI$Dir

Both machines have TransTIFF+
Both machines have the CCShared TransTIFF commented out. > Cheers > Dave S

I made the above modification on both my Iyonix and VRPC-Adjust.

In VRPC if I drop a PNG file into an OP2.77 frame I get the error message: "Shared C library is out of date". If I then open !Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules and double-left-click the CLib module ... and then drop a PNG file into an OP frame, it loads!

Can someone explain that to me???
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx