[softwarelist] Re: Replacing pictures in OPW

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:09:40 +0100

In article <000001c6bde7$939d1c40$6401a8c0@OFFICE>,
   jeff wallis <jeff.wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Haven't been able to reproduce this here but I'm not sure what you
> mean by 'delete picture with Ctrl k' - that deletes the frame as
> well. Why delete the old picture? Why not just drop the revised
> version into the original frame?

> Having dropped the revised picture into the frame I can toggle
> between the old and new versions using 'undo' and 'redo'.

> All this was with non-referenced pictures - haven't tried it with
> referenced.

I have had a little play with RISC OS version. I would agree with the
above. It all seems to work as I would expect here, and I certainly
have never noticed a problem with editing images and redisplaying.

I tried the tests, using jpeg files, using both the delete (ctrl K)
method, and the method I normally use which is simply to drop the
modified file back into the frame on top of the old version, and the
new version was displayed in both cases.

I use DPlingScan for much of my minor editing/processing, and the
quickest way is to simply save the modified image directly from
DPScan back into the frame. The new version is immediately shown.

If doing this a lot, I use the Menu->Misc->Min memory to get rid of
unused images from the document before saving.

Chris...

--
Chris Johnson