[softwarelist] Re: Replacing pictures in OPW

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:25:09 +0100

In message <44DDE0A3.8040102@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

Hmm. Someone mentioned saving the edited image with a different name. That would be interesting.
That works ... but I suspect it would make for other complications, like me remembering which file is which.

Interesting.

What you've said ties things down quite a lot. I still can't see the bug though.

There is the possibility that the Windows file system is doing something very clever and stopping one app seeing changes wrought by another. Although that theory is sunk by Richard Brock saying the bug has always existed on RISC OS - not sure I believe him ;-)

Unless you are using referenced images, OP has no idea where images have come from. So it has to reload data from disc. A new frame also has no memory of previous contents, so again the data has to come from disc.

TIFF files are being translated on loading. It would be interesting to know if the same problem occurs with files that are not translated e.g. .bmp

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941