[softwarelist] Re: Replacing pictures in OPW

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:26:50 +0100

David Pilling wrote:

In message <44DD04E0.9000608@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Why bother to delete the picture in the first place ...? Because, having seen it on the page, I decided I could "improve" on it. Happens quite a lot.

Thinking about your email later on, I thought I'd got it, ISTR you had problems with not having enough memory for huge image files. So I thought you were probably deleting the old image to make space for the new one. Of course that doesn't necessarily work because the old image can be in the undo buffer.

I was going to say, delete the old image, then

Misc-> Clear Undo buffer

Hmm. Someone mentioned saving the edited image with a different name. That would be interesting.

As I said in an earlier email ... that works.

So too, I discover, does changing the path (i.e. saving the file to a different directory from the original file) but keeping the file name the same.

Does this offer any clues ...?
--
CB