[softwarelist] Re: Replacing pictures in OPW

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:40:55 +0100

In message <44DDE52A.2050803@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

So too, I discover, does changing the path (i.e. saving the file to a different directory from the original file) but keeping the file name the same.
Does this offer any clues ...?

Well changing the path is like changing the name. It makes it look like a different picture file.

If there is a bug, or feature somewhere that knows that picture X comes from location Y (i.e. file name and path), then it is very easy to understand what is going on. You tell OP to load from location Y and it uses a copy of X from memory instead of from disc. Caching in other words.

Now for referenced images that is possible. Although there should be some checks on time stamps.

What I can't see it for is non-referenced images - because there is no memory of the filename/path of a picture, and quite possibly it does not exist in OPW memory.

(err um, there is a feature in OPW which lets you configure it to automatically references pictures - Choices->Picture. Have you got that turned on? If you select a picture, use Picture->reference then if it is referenced it will show you the path)

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941