[softwarelist] Re: Replacing pictures in OPW

  • From: "jeff wallis" <jeff.wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:16:11 +0100

<snip>

>> So you've got a picture in a frame, you delete it (why bother?), and
>> this picture is not referenced(?). You then edit the original image
>> which exists somewhere on disc, and then drag and drop it back into
>> the frame?
>
>Exactly!

<SNIP>

>Since receiving your reply, I have carried out the following tests:
>
>TEST 1
>Create new document
>Create frame
>Drop TIFF image into frame
>Delete picture (ctrl-k)
>Open original TIFF file in Photoshop and edit it Save TIFF
>Drop updated TIFF into frame in OPW document "Original"
>picture reappears (not updated image file on disk)
>
>Create new frame (in same document)
>Drop updated TIFF image into new frame
>"Original" picture appears ...
>

>TEST 2
>Create another new document
>Create frame
>Drop TIFF image into frame
>*REFERENCE PICTURE*
>Delete picture (ctrl-k)
>Open original TIFF file in Photoshop and edit it Save TIFF
>Drop updated TIFF into frame in OPW document "Original"
>picture reappears (not updated image file on disk)
>
>--
>Clive Bonsall
>C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx

Haven't been able to reproduce this here but I'm not sure what you mean by
'delete picture with Ctrl k' - that deletes the frame as well.
Why delete the old picture? Why not just drop the revised version into the
original frame?

Having dropped the revised picture into the frame I can toggle between the
old and new versions using 'undo' and 'redo'.

All this was with non-referenced pictures - haven't tried it with
referenced.

Jeff Wallis