[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: Brian Carroll <briancarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:08:32 +0000 (GMT)

In article <KFOoIxAg81bJFwX0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
<flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> Thanks for all the support messages. I did system restore on
> my XP PC, and then networking worked again.

> Version 2.77 of Ovation Pro for RISC OS 14th. January 2009 is
> available from:
> http://www.davidpilling.com/ovationpro/upgrade/op277.zip This
> fixes Keith's bug with rendering graphics in irregular frames.

> Meanwhile presumably I am now betwixt the devil and the deep
> blue sea, can't use the network if I upgrade Windows and open
> to virus's or whatever if I don't. Almost as soon as I had
> got the file from RISC OS, Windows told me it was ready to
> install an upgrade - presumably the same one as yesterday.
> Amusingly it is insisting on installing the updates,
> seemingly if I leave the computer for 5 minutes it will
> install them automatically - I may be sat here for sometime.

No you won't :-)

 I think the sequence for escape is:
        Choose custom install
        Untick the 'offending' update
        Tick the don't show this message again
or something like that.

I have a series of updates for Word 2003 because something or
other in it is broken and resort to the above from time to time.

Incidentally, I got the same updates Dave Symes specified but
have had no problems with WindowsXP <-> RISC OS 4.39 via LanMan98
v2.0 .

Brian.