[softwarelist] Re: OvnPro 2.77 type 5 errors

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:30:49 +0000

In message <d4845e1a50.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

has completed, so it is not inside AWRender but in response to an OS
call made by OvationPro afterwards. The OS routine it occurs in is
masked sprite plotting and the crash happens when the plotting
guess, OP calls masked sprite plotting with invalid parameters or an

Brilliant reply Martin...

<sigh> I've just downloaded the file, and I can't find any Artworks graphics in it, and it won't crash for me (no surprise).

As to masked sprite plotting. That is believable. However the situations are limited and it is surprising that it is happening. The most likely source is a graphic in an irregular frame - perhaps a better way to put it would be a graphic in a frame that is not rectangular and not at zero degrees skew and orientation.

So is all this trouble occurring in simple rectangular frames?

It can be difficult to tell because you may have a frame that looks rectangular but is slightly out.